Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2020

summer learning journey activity 2 rights and wrongs

How many years more until you reach 25? At the moment i am ten years old and Dr Jessa Rodgers was 25 years old when she won the NAIDOC youth of the year award so if I will be the same age as Dr Jessa when she get her award it will be 15 years more to wait.

solution is take away 10 from 25 which equals 15
              25 ( age of Dr Jessa ) 
            - 10 ( my current age )
       =     15 ( years more to wait until i am 25 )







how many more years until your 25 and how would you show the maths solution?

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zoe, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Well done for participating in the Summer Learning Journey and creating this blog post calculating how many years it is until you become 25!
    You really thought about how you were going to solve this problem, and I appreciate how you added in your working out so we could all follow along with the activity.
    Were you able to solve this equation in your head, or did you use a pen and paper?
    Dr Jessa Rogers is such an inspirational woman, and it must have been such an honour for her to win the NAIDOC Youth of the Year award in 2010. Have you ever won any awards? If so, what were they for?
    When I was younger, I entered a pottery doll that I made into a local competition. I came third for my piece, and was very proud of my achievement.
    Keep up the great work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. i counted in my head and when i was five i won this colouring competition at the whare house for staying in the lines

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post