Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

summer learning journey week 2 activity 1 playing favourites

This week I have to share what are my 3 favourite things that I want to do and they are; playing the ukulele because I like music. 2 years ago when I was 8 or 9 I started playing the ukulele at my school ukulele club. I was one of the first members. Then after a year joining the ukulele club we went to join this event called strum,strike and blow and there were over thousand kids performing. The next year my ukulele club joined again that same event and I got an award for participating. My second favourite things s reading books, I have been reading books since I was 2 or 3 years old. My parents always say that I am good in reading and I think I am, but I know I can get better than I am right now. My third favourite thing is riding my bike, I was so happy to receive my new bike as my Christmas present.  I have been riding my bike almost every day, I go to the park and to lots of places near my house. It was so fun riding my new bike.

  how about you, what are your three favourite things and why you love doing them?

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Zoe, this is Kieryn from the Summer Learning Journey.
    Thank you for sharing with us your three favourite things to do! The ukulele is such an amazing instrument to play, and it is awesome how you have already played in events. ‘Strum, Strike and Blow’ sounds like an extremely fun thing to participate in, and it is great how you even included a photo of the award you won so we can see.
    If you could play any instrument rather than the ukulele, what would it be?
    I have a ukulele at home which I play almost everyday. I know I’m not the best ukulele player, but I have noticed that the more I practise switching chords and trying new strumming patterns the better I am getting!
    Reading is such a great activity which can really help ease your mind. I have read so many books in my life, and couldn’t imagine a world where books didn’t exist!
    How often do you read, and what is your favourite book?
    That is an awesome bike that you got for Christmas! Is it a push bike or a mountain bike?
    I used to ride my bike to school and back when I was younger, but I have to say I haven’t ridden a bike in a very long time. It’s almost as though I have forgotten how to ride one! Do you have any tips on riding bikes? It would be great to hear them.
    Overall, you have done an outstanding job on your blog post!
    Keep up the excellent work.
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about another instrument to play but if i did have to pick i wold play violin i don't know why but it seem like something i Would play. My favourite book is Thea Stilton and the flower kingdom and you say you want tips about to ride a bike well i don't know much but i would put one of the peddles up high then put your foot on the highest peddle then push down then hop on to the seat and don't forget to wear a helmet and yes my bike is a mountain bike and it is a bit to big for me so that how i learned to get on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog! My three favourite things to do are: Playing on my Ipad, Hanging with my family and going away on vacation.

    WHY: i like playing on my ipad because i can text my friends and play with them in minecraft and roblox, I like hanging with my family because i like to talk to them about my day and hug and kiss them, and last of all, i like going on vacation because i can get away from my annoying as dog and get away from home, sometimes i go on planes!!

    -Elise

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post